Saturday, July 20, 2013

AMERICAN CULTURE

From my point of view there is no way to learn about American culture that being part of it, and I think we are doing well, we have learned too many things, apart of reading a book we had the opportunity to spend a night with an american family that in my case was to share with  a single woman.

I realized that our interests are similar but our lifestyle is different, as we are in our thirties we have some things in common for example our opinion about marriage and family but our lifestyle is different due to the problems that Mexico is facing nowadays, related to economic and security problems.

Our countries and people are different but we must respect our customs and opinions that is the way the people learn about each other and about other cultures.

Sometimes we tend to stereotype  people but I have learned that we must give us the chance to share and to learn about everybody.

I really liked the way she talked to me about different issues in her country and we could compare some problems with my country, she was curious as me so it was a great opportunity to learn and to share our experiences.

I must admit that I was worried about the experience because I did not know what to expect  but it was a great experience.



1 comment:

  1. Great comments about your homestay, Susan. It's nice to meet someone from another culture and spend time with them. You are right. We are all different, and cultural differences add to that. I'm glad you were able to find a way to connect with your homestay hostess.

    ReplyDelete