Sunday, July 28, 2013
TEACHING TO WRITE
Teaching to write can be difficult due the number of students that we have in each class, but in the class I learned there are somethings we can do to save time, for example we can focus our attention in one aspect and give feedback about it, this feedback doesn't mean that we only focus our attention on the students mistakes but that we can recognize their achievements.
Something that was very interesting for me was the journal because even if the students don´t like to write it is gives the the opportunity to start writing by themselves and without thinking about making mistakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the idea of the journal, too. I had an English teacher in high school that had us free write in a journal every class period for five minutes or so. It wasn't graded. We just got points for doing it. At first I thought it was a waste of time. Then, I started to see that it was helping me be a more fluent writer. I think this would be especially helpful for foreign language.
ReplyDelete