Monday, July 8, 2013
BACKWARD DESIGN MODEL
At school we need to plan our lessons and it can be quite difficult, tiring and even boring but at least is something we can´t avoid, so If we make a good planning we can get better results and It will be easier for us to teach to our students
So I liked the advises that our teacher gave us, first of all, we need to know our big ideas, what do the students must know, then we have to design or create evidences that show us that they´ve learned , but I think the most important is to show to our students that they are able to understand and to transmit a message in a second language. Once we have decided about the evidences we must worry about how do we get it, and I think this is the most difficult part cause we need to get the students involved and to attract their attention to learn and practice a second language, so It is not just about deciding what do we have to do it goes further, we have to be able to develop skills in our students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What will the students learn, how will I make sure they learn it, and how will I assess whether or not they achieved the objectives? That's what we as teachers need to do every day. You're right, we do need to give the students confidence to believe that they can transmit the message. Whether it's listening or reading where students must absorb and comprehend input, or writing/speaking where they have a message they must convey to others, we want to make the objectives clear and attainable while still challenging the students. WOW, we've got a tough job, don't we?! ;-)
ReplyDelete